Handling of Donated Materials
Handling of books and other materials donated to the Nichibunken Library (acceptance/non-acceptance and disposal of items not accepted) is to be left up to the discretion of the Library.
- The Library does not contact individuals directly regarding the results of or reasons for decisions about acceptance/non-acceptance of donated materials.
- Location and distribution of materials donated to the Library and methods of their use will be based on Nichibunken Library rules. As a general rule, materials donated are not classified or shelved as separate collections.
- Materials not accepted for the collection are in principle not returned to the donor. (Donors willing to bear the cost of shipping should let the Library know.)
Procedure for Donation
Those wishing to donate books under the conditions described above should complete the "Application for Donation of Materials" form and send it to the address below:
- Application for Donation of Materials form:
- In the case the donation consists of 10 or more volumes, be sure to contact the Nichibunken Library in advance. In some cases, you will be requested to compile a list of the books or other materials in advance of shipping.
- The donor shall cover the costs of shipping.
- Letters acknowledging receipt, etc., will be omitted.
International Research Center for Japanese Studies
Library Resources Management Unit (Shiryo Kanri Kakari)
3-2 Goryo-Oeyamacho, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 610-1192 JAPAN
e-mail：ukeire*nichibun.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)